Thursday, May 1, 2014

Our Current Apocalyptic State and My Final Thoughts

So I leave you with this...

Even though I believe that we are currently living in a state of the apocalypse, the city of San Francisco being a prime example of that shift away from what was old towards what is new, I still have hope for humanity and the world that we live in today.

It's a strange thing really.  Most environmentalists struggle with the ups and downs about what is going on in our environment and the great effects that humanity has on it through the systems, methods, and structures that we have created for ourselves.  But at the end of the day, I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Even if our species doesn't survive, I know that Nature will restore itself and take back what was rightfully hers in the first place: her land.

We have painfully destroyed the beautiful Earth that we live on and we continue to do it daily by ignoring the signals, messages, facts, and concepts that aren't only coming from scientists and scholarly professors, but from those all around us.  There is evidence in each and every one of us that we are impacting the environment in a negative way and that the actions we are taking are therefore impacting us and harming both our physical and psychological state of beings.

I think that we have progressed too far.  I don't believe that technology will save us.  Not at all.  Because I believe that WE will save us.  And if we used our technologies in the most beneficial of ways and in the least harmful ways, it could aid us to be the best beings we could be and to create the best planet it could be.

It's important to understand that what we did yesterday affects today and what we do today affects tomorrow.  So let's make a personal value to protect the sacred beings of our own kind and the sacred Earth that allows our kind to live in the first place.

I hope this blog, and the links to my photos, guidelines, and other project outlets have helped you come to an understanding of what the apocalypse actually means in today's society, why we are in an apocalypse of our own, what we can do to shift away from it and towards a brighter future, and my overall standpoint of why I see it and think the way that I do.

Now, it's up to US to not only fight for our lives, but to fight for this Earth.  To know that Nature has a right in itself to be valued and to be taken care.  Because if we don't take care of it, who else will?  We must lead by example for future generations to come and show them that this is not only a necessity or a priority, but it is in our bones to nurture Nature back to health, just as it has nurtured us for these billions of years.

So I'll leave you with a few inspirational quotes from people such as Rachel Carson, the first prominent female environmental activist of our time, the good old Dr. Seuss, and my favorite movie that is the epitome of what it would be like to live in an apocalypse and what it does to humanity as a whole, in Beasts of the Southern Wild.

So thank you for not only listening to me rant about my ideas on society and the apocalypse, but for actually hearing me out.  It means more than you will ever know.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better.  It's not."-- Dr. Seuss

"The human race is challenged more than ever before to demonstrate our mastery, not over nature but of ourselves." -- Rachel Carson

"In nature nothing exists alone." -- Rachel Carson

"I see that I am a little piece of a big, big universe, and that makes it right." -- Beasts of the Southern Wild

"The whole universe depends on everything fitted together just right.  If one piece busts, even the smallest piece...the entire universe will get busted." -- Beasts of the Southern Wild

"You gotta learn to take care of people smaller and sweeter than you are." -- Beasts of the Southern Wild


No comments:

Post a Comment